Thursday 1 September 2011

26.


It's birthday week at our house!  Hubby and I are a whole 48 hours apart in age so we always celebrate together!  It began with family festivities at the beginning of the week and I took care of dessert!


I made vegan cupcakes (actually the first cupcakes I've ever made in my life), following the recipe off one of my favourite veg chef's website here:

http://www.theppk.com/2010/11/vanilla-bean-cupcakes-with-chocolate-ganache/

I found these to taste a little more like a muffin than a super sweet cupcake but the chocolate sauce added just the right amount of sweet.

Then on my birthday I woke up to a beautiful bouquet of flowers!


Hubby had already taken the dogs to the dog park when he jumped back in bed to deliver sweet birthday kisses and then we were off to Ste. Anne's Spa in Grafton, Ontario.


We had spent a few days there last year for our wedding anniversary and fell in love with the place.  Since we are both in retail this time of the year is particularly busy and a day off to be pampered with not a care in the world was most welcomed!


Amidst swimming in the pool, relaxing in the hot tubs and breathing deep in the eucalyptus room I enjoyed a morning seaweed body wrap and a late afternoon hot stone massage.  Oh and there may have been an enjoyable nap on a swinging hammock in there somewhere too!

No comments:

Post a Comment